Little Known Natural Remedies for Controlling Acne
Acne. It is one of the most frustrating parts of being an adolescent. Acne treatments are also a $5 billion dollar industry. Is it any wonder that there are so many products on the market for the treatment of this very common skin issue?
At My Skin’s Friend, we’re always researching ways to help eliminate or at least reduce the severity of skin issues like acne, rosacea, black heads, white heads and other skin eruptions using natural, easy to obtain, safe and inexpensive products.
Our Detox Clay Mask is one of our best products when it comes to helping with these types of skin issues but there are also natural items you can use to help reduce the severity of acne.
It's not a mystery as to why the clay helps reduce or clear up skin issue once you understand how it works below the skin surface.
This illustration explains how the negatively charged particles of the clay attract the positively charged particles of dirt in the pore to pull it out and clear up the pimple.
But saying it isn't nearly as impactful as seeing it. Take a look at this series of photos taken of a young man suffering from recurring eruptions of rosacea.
Results were accomplished using the clay mask over a ten-day period.
Another customer of ours who just turned 30 years old said she had almost daily flare ups of roseaca before she found relief with our Fast Firming Face Lift Formula.
The fact is our skin issues often signal a possible problem within our bodies. For instance, if I eat a food containing corn or its derivatives, I will get a welt on my right elbow within a few hours. Even if I treated the outside, it would have no effect on my itching because the reaction was generated from within, not without.
This is a conversation we often have with our customers when they ask about using one of our products to solve or repair a specific skin problem. Sure we love to ship our “made from scratch” organic skin and hair products but we are also aware that sometimes skin issues can be cleared up or at least reduced simply by eliminating something from your diet or having your health care provider check your hormones to make sure everything is in balance. Once that has been confirmed, then we recommend topical applications to help repair the skin from the surface.
I’ve compiled a partial list below you can get at any health food store and some are even available at your neighborhood grocery. The main reasons for acne are clogged pores and bacterial infections. It is a common skin issue that affects around 80% of people at least once in their lifetime. If you are also fed up of your acne problem and looking for chemical-free ways to prevent your breakouts, then here is a list of organic and natural remedies that actually work to control acne.
- Aloe Vera: Clean your pimples and apply some aloe vera gel on them. If natural aloe vera gel is not available, you can also use a gel or cream containing minimum 10% of organic aloe vera in it. It has natural anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties that can prevent acne and reduce their appearance. Containing water in huge amounts, it also works as a fantastic moisturizer.
- Honey: Take a drop of honey on your finger or a cotton pad and rub it into your pimples. You may also add honey in your face mask and apply. Honey is rich in antioxidants that is highly effective in clearing debris and waste from your clogged skin pores. It also has antibacterial properties that prevent acne breakouts.
- Jojoba Oil: Mix organic jojoba oil in your skin cream, gel or face mask and apply on your acne. You may also soak a cotton ball in jojoba oil and rub on your pimples. Made from jojoba shrub seeds, it is known to repair skin damage and heal wounds. It can also reduce inflammation and help you get rid of swelling, redness, inflammation and whiteheads from your face.
- Coconut Oil: Rub pure coconut oil on your pimples directly. Make sure that the coconut oil you choose is pure and natural and it should be 100% chemical-free. This oil also contains antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that can destroy bacteria that causes acne, redness and swelling in pimples. It may also accelerate recovery of open sores left by acne.
- Turmeric: Mix a pinch of turmeric in one spoon of chickpea flour, add some milk to make a paste, and apply on your acne sores. Leave for 10 minutes and then rub off while applying pressure with your fingers. Turmeric has antimicrobial, antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory properties that help in different skin conditions, including acne, psoriasis, pruritus, alopecia, and atopic dermatitis.
- Oatmeal: Mix 1 teaspoon of baking soda in 2 teaspoons of oatmeal, and add water to make a paste. Apply this mixture on your face and rub. Finally rinse with water. Oatmeal has anti-inflammatory properties that naturally soothe and relieve your irritation and help in getting rid of rashes, burns, eczema, itch, and erythema. Not only this, oatmeal also protects and hydrates skin and helps in soothing inflammation and dryness caused due to acne.
So, when you have all these effective and natural remedies to control acne, why go for chemical based products and medicines that are infamous for drying your skin out? Why buy expensive “remedies” from the television commercials that simply cover up the problem instead of addressing the cause.
Make use of these natural, organic, and skin-friendly remedies that not only treat acne, but also improve your skin condition and texture as a bonus.
When you feed your skin natural, organic nutrients, you’ll see a huge difference in the way you look and feel.
Are you struggling with a skin issue you just can't seem to find a remedy for? Please let us know and maybe we can help. Send us an email describing your skin challenges to [email protected]